Monday, September 1, 2014

Going Home Jokes, Moving Boxes, & Fuggerei (Sept 1)

Well, everyone thinks these going home jokes are funny.... Still not funny. But I did laugh at one. This morning I texted my district asking them if anyone had an extra train ticket, because I didn’t order enough.... Sister Mehr took a picture, I think it adds to the effect. Or just the fact that I laughed of happiness and shock for 5 minutes.
Sister Regnier, you can run but your transfer call will still come ;) No?


Other than the fact everyone thinks it’s so funny I am an oma (grandma-"old" in the mission), This week was great. My tausch (splits) was quite symbolic. I tausched with my first companion (SISTER PETERSON!) in the apartment that I did my first tausch in (München). tear. But we had a blast! We talked and talked, dyed our hair, and worked too ;) 


I came back to an exploding bathtub. As if our apartment wasn’t wet enough. Luckily our landlord had the pieces sitting in her celler and just came and did it for us! They are the best. Hopefully they come to our campfire this week. Yeah, we're having a campfire. We had to have one last activity before I left ;)

This week we helped the DÖrings move. They are the best! I really love them a lot and I'm really sad to see such a strong family go. Luckily two families moved into our ward this week. Needless to say, I am doing a lot of heavy box lifting!

Sportabend (sports activity) this week was awesome. A ton of people including investigators came! It’s awesome to have a place like sportabend to invite people! GENIUS!

On Saturday, we had our debut. All the missionaries from our zone came to Augsburg. We recorded a few songs so that people who can’t make it to church because physical problems can listen to some church music in German on Sundays. Its really sad how little is available in German. I think that it was a really cool thing to do.

We then had, well I think, my last bayerisch grill party Sunday. haha. Always fun. Don't worry, I will be gaining an additional five pounds this week. Average of 3 appointments a day..... wahoo!

Today, we visited Fuggerei (world's oldest social housing complex still in use). Something I have always wanted to do but never got around to. People in need can go there and pay 88 cents plus heating a year. Its SUPER OLD but people still live there, AND ONLY PAY 88 cents, today. It was cool. Lots of pictures of Hitler on the streets I walk everyday. It was interesting to see Augsburg, a city I know when It was bombed! Craziness!!!


We also have the 2nd biggest fair in Deutschland here in Augsburg this week. (2nd to Oktoberfest) Its really cool, people are coming from all over to see it. The funniest thing I saw was the merry-go-round bier garten (beer garden). haha picture!


Also, during weekly planning, we decided to make a brezel (pretzel), well, we forgot, we are lucky the fire department didn’t come over!


Well that’s my week!
Love you!
Sister Regnier



No comments:

Post a Comment