Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Last email..... (Sept 9)

13 eating appointments, 7 days. That was pretty much my week. I'm pretty sure I could fast for a week and be fine. It was really fun to spend some time with the people I love. I've learned a lot. We have had a very eventful week. 

On Tuesday, we had district meetings. It was great we talked about Love and how it is the underling factor in everything! Brother Do__ came to the church and made our district some pancakes! After we met with Sonja. She is progressing so much. She is currently praying whether she should get baptized or not. With her we hiked the tour in Augsburg. It was quite beautiful. We then ran over to the GMLs and had GMK and some yummy weiß wurst, breze, and mustard :) 

Wednesday was a great day. We had an appointment with a less active I have been trying hard, for a long time, to meet with. We were able to talk about the scriptures and how they are important. She came to church on Sunday!  We then met with the Elder's investigators, but I mean, it takes a village to raise someone in the Gospel, right? Plus they are the coolest people ever. Sadly I miss their baptism by a couple days, but because she's having surgery, I had to miss it. We then visited the family Th__. They are so great and nice to he missionaries. They told us that what we are doing is so great. And that they put us on the same level of their kids. They think we are really going somewhere with life and wish other youth would do the same. Cutest Bayerisch couple EVER!

Thursday, we headed out to the new family in the ward. After the long train ride, we spent some time together and talked about YW and what it means to be a daughter of God. Then we headed to the Frö__Family. We always have a lot of fun there. But we were able to finally finalize the ward list. It was awesome! It’s cool to look at the ward list and see how much we have done. 

Freitag we went to Schwester Se__ for her Birthday. She taught us how to make my favorite German food, rolladen (see photo) and we taught her how to make banana bread. We visited another family and then headed back to Augsburg. We went to go visit a part member family. Guess what we had for dinner? ROLLADEN. I think it's still my favorite, just a lot of meat.... It was really cool to meet with them because they are honest about what they think. The Spirit was really there when we taught, so I hope they feel encouraged to thirst after further knowledge. 

Saturday, we prepared for the campfire. IT WAS A HIT. I was really worried many people wouldn’t come because it is summer vacation. But it was quite the party. Something interesting about German campfires is they make this bread on a stick, just like marshmallows. It was very cool to try. That night, Sister Mehr and I finally fulfilled my dream of sleeping on the balcony. As close to camping as I can get. It was a blast.

Church was great. We taught the YW class, and then had a class on family history. Testimony meeting was a bit teary. I have no idea if anyone could ever understand my testimony. Mom always talks about her emotions kicked in when she had kids. Well, the mission did it for me. I feel like a cry at anything these days. After church we went to a family and had some fun and then got picked up by another family. I felt like I was dating and cheating on the other families.... haha. Pretty much, my week rocked.

Love,

Sister Regnier


rolladen

No comments:

Post a Comment