Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of ............Miranda (October 14)

That’s right folks, I am headed to AUSTRIA!!! ahhh. I can't believe it.
This week has been a pretty busy one, as always.

First, I would like to update you on Frau B____. We went by on her for the millionth time, and she finally was home! I don't understand how these little old ladies are always "unterwegs"(going places). Anywho, we made some American cookies, thanks for the brown sugar mom! We brought some to her and she was just loving it. When we were leaving I said enjoy the cookies, and she said, yes, yes I'll read it.... bahaha. She is so funny.

This week, the Andersons, the ehepaar (senior missionary couple) came to check our apartment. Afterwards, they took us and the elders out to lunch. It was really funny, because 3 people came up to us saying "Oh the Missionaries! Where are all of you from?" (We went to lunch in the very touristy area). It is actually really fun for people to recognize who we are.

This week’s weather was crazy. One day, its super hot, one day it's the coldest I have experienced yet. We have come home soaked to the bones multiple times. Not fun.

This week we had a finding day in Landshut. It was so fun! Last district meeting, we gave everyone a challenge to come up with ways to naturally find. So the Landshut elders made a list of 50 natural finding ideas (conversation starters) with a point value attached. We had a little competition. We would have to talk about the thing in the conversation and as long as we talk about the gospel as well, we get the point value. It was actually really fun! I had some really great conversations! I met one guy, my favorite guy ever. He was sitting on the bus, so I leaned over to him and asked him if he lived in Landshut. I then asked him where a good place to buy lederhosen is (easy 2 points). After that, this guy just went off about his life. He asked me if I happened to know Arnold Schwarzenegger-- he was so excited when I told him I came from California. He whips out a picture of him when he was younger, and a couple more. So cute. So this old man, he is a retired bus driver. So now "Just from the love of (his) heart" he rides the buses, and when someone has a walker he jumps out and helps them. How cute is he. This finding day just reminded me how much I LOVE talking to people. I really love it. Getting to know people is just the funnest thing. I am so glad the Elders put this together, because it really made our conversations stretch. We also went to a baptism in Landshut this week. That ward reached their goal for 3 new members this year!!! The ward is so excited! On the way home, I thought I saw Schwester K____, so we walked by on the train to see if it was her, but we both decided it wasn't and sat somewhere else. Then when we pull up to Passau, we see the same woman. We are awkwardly trying to get a better look at her, because I have never seen someone that looks so much like someone. Then I was kinda thinking it was her, just put on a little weight and chopped off her hair. Then we go ask if this woman needs help with her suitcase down the stairs. " Hallelujah" it was her. I don't think it sounds that funny. But trust me. I am still dying. While we were chatting, this punk kid about our age walks up and asks her if she needs help. He then walks and chats with her until the next set of stairs and helps her again. Seriously? My heart melted. It made me so happy to see someone helping someone like that. It was seriously so sweet.

So Friday morning, we got the transfer phone call. We were ready; the Passau Posse was treating it like Christmas. We didn't go all out like the elders, who slept on the couch. The elders even made us the best cinnamon rolls that I have ever eaten. We were just waiting for the call when Elder Goubler finally called and went on and on about how great Passau is (he was also born here). After that, he said that I need to pack my bags, because I am going to serve in Graz, Österreich! I will be greenie busting (A term that means being a companion with someone who just finished training) a Finnish sister! Wow, oh wow. I am very excited, who knows how this is going to work. I bet it will be interesting not having a common first language. I bet she can speak great English, but still. It will be cool. I am going from the most east area in Germany to the most east area in Austria! I am going from the smallest branch in our mission, to what I was told is the BIGGEST WARD. WHAT?! I don't even know how to do that! Everyone just keeps telling me how pretty it is. Supposedly, Wien(Vienna) has the best Christmas markets, and I most likely will be there for Christmas. Wow. I was full of excitement, until the first time the words came out of my mouth that I am leaving Passau. Ouch. This is actually turning out to be more difficult then I expected.

This week, I was asked to teach the Relief Society lesson last minute. I was really worried for it, but wow. Heavenly Father knew exactly what the schwestern (Sisters) needed. It was crazy. It was the Lorenzo Snow lesson on Missionary work. It went so wonderfully. We laughed and cried. It was perfect. It was really cool to see the spirit work through me like it did.

Another, very spiritual experience I had this week was finding M___. We decided to go visit some old untersuchers (investigators). We had just visited this guy a couple weeks prior, however, he wasn't there and we doored out the whole apartment. This time, he again wasn't there. But then I just pressed another klingel (bell). I don't know why, afterwards I actually regretted it, because we had just doored this complex. But, this one guy, klingeled (opened the gate) us in. We introduced him to the Book Of Mormon and he asked if we could come in for coffee and talk about it. We actually had to go catch a train. So we gave him a book, made an appointment for next week, and he promised to read the introduction. WOW. It was so cool. On my mission, I have never had one of those huge, go this way, knock on this house experiences. But this just happened, without me understanding. It proves to me, the Lord works in mysterious ways. It was really cool.

Well, The H___s' are taking us to Schärding today, so I don't have much time. This week will be busy full. Today I have visiting Schärding and FHE. Tuesday consists of THREE eating appointments, (I don't even know how that happened). Wednesday, District meeting. Thursday, 7 hours on the train. Woot Woot.
Have a great week!


Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment