Monday, July 15, 2013

The Plan of Salvation is so wonderful (July 15)

Hello everyone!
So this week, I had my second Austauch (exchange). It was in München (Munich). So I got to serve with my grandma ( I have a whole different family out here, haha. that just means she trained my trainer). I never like leaving Passau but it was nice. We got to give a lesson, that went so, so well. I really enjoyed it. Plus her German is so great, nothing was holding us back :) haha. On the way back, Sister Garrett and I had an adventure. The train split, which I have yet to see, with out ANY warning. So we were stuck in a city for an hour, which made us miss our English class. It was very surprising and all the people were not too happy. We then had a finding day in Neuötting. Where we encountered more train problems forcing us to stay in Pfarrkirchen for a while. At first, I wasn't too happy, but this is the cutest town! (the picture with the horse in it). I would totally love to serve in such a little town, it is too bad it is so far away from any churches.

This week was Hochzeit. It was cooler than I imagined. We saw lots of performances, and even though we didn't have tickets to see the big things, we got to see so much! Like the really strong guy that was lifting up the kids on a stick, the coolest flag performance I have ever seen! (they were throwing the flags at each other to really fun music), human towers, amazing human gymnastics, and then there was the city. The city was the coolest part. It was an area where these people were just living as they would have back then. So they were making dinner, playing games, just living life. The people that do that, pay to do it and are just living like that for the week or so. We also hiked up to a castle and went inside the church. It was really fun to be with the district and see so many cool things. I would have loved to live in that era with how happy they were making everything, maybe just with less beer. They were roasting a straight up cow. I have never seen so much meat. There was a lot to see!

Church was really nice yesterday, I really liked Relief Society. I have not been able to go to Relief Society for a long time, so it was really wonderful. We talked about Relief Society, its purpose, service, and such things. It was wonderful and you could feel the spirit. It was nice because one lady who had never been to church before came, and she really could use the support of the Relief Society. Also, someone who hasn’t come to church in a while was really excited to be there and is really warming up to the members. It was just a great feeling the whole time. She anxiously asked questions and pondered what we were saying. In German it is called Frauenhilfvereinigung. I am not the best translator but it includes the words woman, help, and unite. How cool.

This morning I studied the parables in Matt. 13. The Plan of Salvation is so wonderful. It is referred to everywhere. We have had people say that they would be fine if they didn't make it to the top kingdom. That is so sad! I couldn't imagine not being the Tares in the Barn. Or not giving everything I have just to buy the field that the treasure is on. Parables are really a cool thing that I haven't given much thought to before. So that is what I am going to work on studying this week, so I can really understand and know them.

Have a great week!

Sister Regnier

The city of Pfarrkirchen

Hochzeit


Hochzeit

Hochzeit

Hochzeit

Hochzeit

No comments:

Post a Comment