Monday, December 30, 2013

Fröliche Weihnachten! (December 23)

Liebe Familie,
What a fast week! We had 2 tausches (exchanges/splits) and Zone Christmas Conference, so if you think I was working with my companion all week, you would be wrong. Haha, it was seriously CRAZY.

Well, with this week being my half way mark. I was pretty pensive. Holy cow. I can't even understand how this happened. I seriously feel like it was yesterday I received my call, well that was a year ago and the day Sister Garrett picked me up from Munchen Bahnhof was half a mission ago! Craziness. Well to celebrate, I ate Mexican food and drank a cherry dr. pepper. :) I was in Wien (Vienna) and they had an American store with everything in it. Way cool!

This week, I had the most spiritual lesson I have had yet. It was with someone who is less active. When we first got there, it almost seemed like she didn't want us there. Well, Sister Winters and I had planned to present the family mission plan, but the Spirit had a different idea. As we were talking, I felt, for the first time, 100% lead by the Spirit. He was literally putting words in my mouth. We testified about how Heavenly Father loves her and how the Spirit would be there helping her. Well through her tears, she told us that she felt the Spirit so strong. It was obvious she is going through a lot, but I am so grateful the Spirit was able to use me to tell her exactly what she needed to feel. We met with a few people who are less active, and really saw our relationships improve a lot. One, who I had previously met with my first day here, and between had some very intense encounters, invited us for lunch the day after Christmas. Shoot, working with these whom are less active can be so rewarding and so cool! We even made Christmas cookies with such a woman and her cute German-speaking nieces. I emphasis German speaking because, it's dang cute. Nothing compares to little kids speaking German.

Well after writing you last week, we went to a family’s house in the ward. There, we participated in their FHE (Family Home Evening), which was so sweet! They had a talent and a check-up on PP part. Just something I would like to incorporate one day. :) This week was booked with appointments. I am so grateful for that. Between the 2 tausches(exchanges/splits) we had a great time at Christmas Conference. We had a White Elephant gift exchange and a potluck dinner. It was so fun! Sister Miles brought bells and we did some hymns like we did in Primary. We shared traditions, watched messages and just had a super time. Afterwards, we went caroling, SO COOL. See the image below, to see where. RIGHT IN FRONT OF RATHAUS IN WIEN. So cool, people gathered around, taking pictures and videos, and singing along. It was really fun.

While on my tausch in Wien, we were trying to find a former investigator’s house. Well we stumbled upon Mozart's house.... Only in Vienna! It is so cute there! I love the architecture!

Another picture is a member, her two friends, and a restaurant we ate at. Funniest group of people I will ever meet. Always, a crack up. Sister Judd says it makes her feel like we are on an episode of Bing Bang Theory, I couldn't agree more.
Well Sunday, was great. Sister Judd and I worked together for a WHOLE day, we met with someone who is less active, watched the Christmas broadcast, and had really good classes at church. In Relief Society meeting we watched this video.
Love it. It made me think a lot. How often am I digging for that garbage that I have already covered with the atonement of Jesus Christ? I am so grateful we have the opportunity to be beautiful, and move on from our mistakes.
I learned a lot this week. I learned a lot from the sisters I had the opportunity to work with. I learned a lot about myself and what I need to do to become the "4th Missionary."

I am so grateful for this time of year. The streets are packed, with people and decorations. Europe is the coolest place during Christmas. I am glad I can help bring more joy and help prepare for the Second coming of the Savior. Although, I am sad I can't be with my family this Christmas, I have the opportunity to be with others here. I have a great companion and a great ward.

Well, now I am headed off to the chocolate factory that produces the best Austrian Chocolate. Sweet. :)

I hope everyone has a great Christmas! Enjoy every minute of it. Don't get lost in the hustle and bustle. This is a dedicated time of year to really show your love and gratitude for the Savior.

Alles Leibe,

Sister Regnier

No comments:

Post a Comment