Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Miracles (May 12)

Today, I am so grateful for nature. Sister Smith and I had a great run in the sun, in the spring showers, in the hail, and in the pouring rain. LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It’s so great to be able to spend some time in the true green of God’s creations. I am so grateful for how beautiful this world is.

The most memorable appointment of this week was with an investigator that just returned from her vacation. She hadn’t smoked the whole vacation. She told us she had 3 more boxes of cigarettes, and then she'd be done. Well we just said can we just take them and you be done now? She said yes. HOW AWESOME! But, she made us promise not to throw them away and to instead give them to someone.... so now I'm having this internal debate, because their is no way I’m giving that poison to anyone, but I don’t want to break a promise.... so they are sitting in our apartment.... oh boy.

Another highlight from this week was a lesson with a who isn’t very active in the church. She told us about how her deceased dad who has not been through the temple. She has been reminded to do so many times, but hasn’t known exactly what to do. Well, her dads name is already in the temple. :) WHAT A WONDERFUL MIRACLE. He has been waiting for 50 plus years.

I had a really great appointment packed week. It’s been great meeting with members, less active members, and people who are interested to know more about the church.

We had a family come to church on Sunday. It was amazing. They are CHANGING their lives. It’s amazing to see the progress they are making and the decisions they are making. I love seeing people change. It's hands down the most rewarding part of the mission.

Sunday was just a great day. Not only did a new family come to church, but I got to sing with all the primary kids on stage! Oh, and I got to Skype my wonderful family!! How blessed am I?!

I love this work. :)

Germans know how to grill, just in case you don't believe me, here is our bishop :)

Have a great week! Love you!
Sister Regnier



No comments:

Post a Comment