Monday, September 16, 2013

Katzenbär (Sept 16)

Katzenbär, or, Cat bear, or, Panda Bear. A word I learned this week from a children’s book.

Yesterday, I was singing the song Christus ist mein Herr (Christ is my Lord-we think she might be referencing “the Lord is my Light”). What a wonderful song. I don't know the English verses off the top of my head, but I am sure they are similar. He is my rock, my life's bread, the light, and the Wahrheits quell (source of truth) sounds so much prettier in German. Every single phrase of that song, punctures my heart. I owe him so much. I can't even comprehend what he has done for me. It brings me so much sadness when we tell people we are sharing a message about Jesus and they reply "Kein Bedarf" (No need). That is so sad. I can’t imagine how He must have felt when people rejected Him, to his face.  But then again, He must be so, so happy when people decide to use Him, or the gospel, to return to Heavenly Father. This week we taught S___ about the Pioneers. He found their sufferings, as well as Joseph Smith's, very interesting. He compared their experiences to Christ’s and how people often ridicule the people that are trying to help.

We had our first meeting with Frau B___ this week. She is the lady we caught on her doorstep and were able to help her move her stuff up to her apartment. She has read the intro and the testimonies in the front of the Book of Mormon. She says she believes it all. I am very excited to see her progress.

This week we were able to play fußball (soccer) with Luis again. We all had a great time. By far the best part was afterwards, he asked Elder Merkley what he should read in the Book of Mormon next. This week, we are having a bit bigger soccer game. Hopefully the weather holds up so all the people we are planning on coming come!

The best lesson of the week was definitely with a less active. We have previously had a really hard time keeping her on task. This time, it went so well! We actually were able to really teach her in a way that she now understands an important gospel principle. It was really an answer to a prayer.

A cool experience that we had this week was that a family we met on the street asked us to come over. When we got to their house, they introduced us to his brother, who only speaks slovakish. He wanted some help understanding a scripture in the Bible. He also said if we could use the Book of Mormon to explain that would be great. Because he understands that it is also written by prophets. We are meeting him next week with a Book of Mormon in his language to help him. I am VERY excited.

Something that really had an impression on me this week was talking to this one lady on the street. I used my new favorite approach. “What do you think the purpose of life is?” We got in a very interesting discussion about Jesus Christ, God, and the purpose of life. She doesn't believe in anything. She talked about her siblings that have died and how they are simply gone. In the same tone that I would talk about the weather. It was seriously sad. She also told us she feels no responsibility to be happy or to be nice to others. Wow. This got me really thinking how I would be if I didn't know what happens after this life. That is seriously a sad thought. I am SO BLESSED to know and to have desire for so much more.

I know that we are here for a purpose. There is a life after this Earthly existence. We can see our family again. What we do makes a lasting impact on others. We have a responsibility and privilege to follow Christ and to help others.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;" (3 Nephi 27:27)

This gospel is true. I am blessed to be able to have this opportunity to share it and have the spiritual experiences I have.

Liebe Grüße,

Sister Regnier



Beautiful Passau!


No comments:

Post a Comment