Friday, March 7, 2014

Week of Krapfens (Feb 17)

Well, this week flew by. It's crazy to think this transfer is already over. Now, thanks to dad, I also realized I am 11 months into my mission.... mensch. This goes WAY too fast.  

This Monday, we were invited by the young adults to give the spiritual thought in FHE. It's so fun to spend time with them and see how strong they are in the Gospel.

This week, I was able to attend two district meetings. One here in Graz, and one on my tausch (splits) in Wien. I really loved them! In one of them, we talked about approaching people about the family. It's something that I am not always the best at. But we worked on introducing the Family Proclamation and bringing it to the restored Gospel. It was really educational for me! I then felt ready to go find a bunch of families! I also learned a lot from my district leader this week about being a good leader. He is so great and really has a desire to help as well as learn from the other missionaries. I was really impressed how he used humility, which I have been studying so much lately (I even had a district assignment on it.... Maybe Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something :) ).

We had a week full of working with appointments.
Sister Kosmath, has made so much progress, a week or so ago I told you that she’s started to do genealogy. Well she has finally started reading again in the Book of Mormon. She is marking her copy all up! Its wonderful and brings tears to my eyes how she’s learning how much strength she receives from reading it.

We had quite a few member appointments. One of which was on Valentines Day. Because it's not celebrated too much over here, we weren’t expecting anything. However, one of our members from America invited us over and fed us Mexican food and played games. It was really fun! She was so thoughtful and I just really love her!

Both of our investigators are doing great. They are taking the information in and just realizing how important it is. I love teaching them and seeing them accept the gospel. I am so glad that this Gospel is for everyone. Every single person will benefit from it. I Love being a missionary.

I am really sad to see Sister Judd go. We had some really good times and saw so much progress in this ward. I am also really excited for my new companion, Sister Allman, to come join the force over here in beautiful Graz.

Also, I ate a ton of krapfens this week. Every member wanted us to eat these apricot filled donuts. Never again.


Have a great week! love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment