Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bis spater Graz (March 31)

Meine Liebe,

Well this week shot by but it’s been so, so great.

I want to talk about a lesson with a less active, Sister L____.  Well this time, we were on splits so I was with the Relief Society president. Let me tell you, she’s the best companion ever. We worked in really good unity, it was really cool for me to see how she does things. But the best part was when I asked if we could pray together, and the Relief Society president whispered to me that we should kneel. We all gathered around in a circle, and the 9 year old daughter said the most sincere prayer I’ve ever heard. It was amazing! The Spirit swooped down on us like a wave crashing on the beach. I cant even describe how cool it was because their are many children, and its pretty much chaos. But for those 5 minutes, the house was still and there were tears in everyone’s eyes. It was beautiful.

This week, we had Mission leadership council again and Sister Allman and I were asked to teach a topic and do a role-play, in front of President, all the leaders in the mission. It was dang scary. But I think it went great. I learned something HUGE. The topic was teaching to the investigators needs. As we prepared for our role play, we stupidly tried to figure out what points we wanted to hit to make sure we were 100 percent following Preach My Gospel. So yes, we pretty much planned out and role-played for a role-play. Well that was stupid. Because we are teaching the topic "teach people not lessons." I feel like an idiot. As Soon as we started the role-play, we took it in a completely opposite direction and were really able to meet the needs of the person we were teaching, not the things we "wanted to say." I just want to say I’m so grateful for the Spirit and that he can lead me even through my arrogance. I hope that made sense, but it was a huge eye opener to me.

I really have just seen the Spirit really play a big role in my life. It’s unbelievable. I want to testify, that we really can know the truth of all things. And the Spirit will always guide and protect us when we live worthy of his presence.

Since we returned to Graz, we haven’t had a second to breath. We have had a ton of appointments, and I’m loving it. We were able to teach Pa__ more about the Priesthood. He will be receiving the priesthood next Sunday. He is so excited to bless and pass the sacrament and be a home teacher. His excitedness for the Gospel is really a testimony builder for me!

A cool miracle that happened in the city of Graz this week:
There is this video blog from an American family. They video a couple minutes of every day. They call them selves something with tards at the end. Well there was this young adult who loved watching these, she says she’s addicted to them :) Well they occasionally speak about the church. One thing they said led her to have a big interest about the church. She searched online and found the time and location of our church. She came for all 3 hours and loved it and will be attending FHE tonight. HOW COOL IS THAT. I am so grateful for everyone that shares their testimony with others, these people don’t even know what they did, but all the way in Graz Austria, there are two people investigating the church because of them..... so dang cool.

We have really seen so many miracles this month tied to the youth. The whole mission fasted this month for youth, and Graz is seeing a ton of rewards. We have 3 new people coming to young adult activities and I haven’t seen any my whole time here. It’s amazing how simple it is to ask Heavenly Father for something and how he rewards us.

We were able to meet with a lot of people this week. And I can say, I love them all so much. I can't even imagine the Love our Heavenly Father feels for each of them. It’s been hard to say goodbye, and these next couple days are going to be crazy. But I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve here.


Bis spater Graz (Until Later Graz)
Hallo Augsburg

Sister Regnier

No comments:

Post a Comment