Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I've been transferred!! (April 7)

Hallo :))
Wow, what a crazy week!! First, I have been transferred to Augsburg Germany. Back to Bayern!

Monday was the coolest Pday ever. We hiked in a small city to some waterfalls. It was so dang fun and intense. I was really, really sad to leave Graz, but I am really grateful I had the chance to serve there. I miss AUSTRIA!!!

On Tuesday we had zone training. Sister Allman and I did the training and we focused on teaching skills. It was really fun and we had some great discussions. I am actually very happy I wont have to be doing anymore “teaching in trainings” in zone meetings, :)  but fun while it lasted. I am now ready to just sit and soak it all in while others do it.

The last couple days were spent saying goodbye to the great people of Graz.
Transfer day was long, but it’s so fun to see so many missionaries. Coming to the Augsburg district, I don’t really know any of the missionaries so it will be cool working with other missionaries who I don’t know.

Well my first 3 days in Augsburg were all about Family History and General Conference. WOW. Pretty dang great. I am just so impressed with the ward here. The city of Augsburg had a big community program where the church participated in it. People came to see the church and go to Family History workshops. It’s REALLY COOL to see how people love their family and want to know where they come from. I am glad we have so much done, but we have a lot more to do!!!

It was so cool to see these members do missionary work. I have never seen such anxious members. I LOVE THEM. In conference, Elder Cook said: "The Hastening of the work includes the work for the dead. Don`t underestimate the effect of the dead." This work is so dang cool, and there are so many aspects of this work!!! Okay, General Conference! Some points I LOVED
    Elder Uchtorf can roll his r's like a German and it was SO DANG COOL when he was reading all the Spanish names. :)
    ALL of my questions were answered. Conference was really a spiritual experience for me.
    We talked a lot about LOVE and CHARITY
    A girl we met on the street came, and SHE LOVED IT
    Ballard was a great missionary and nachfassed!
    The prophets speak with the Spirit, that is undeniable to all!

Oh and also, we are working on starting a new branch in our area..... We brought it up with our Stake President. We’ll see how it goes... :)


Virtue
Virtue starts with our thoughts. We have the agency to choose how we fill our thoughts, especially with idle thoughts. How we direct our thoughts MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

AGENCY is wonderful. When we have positive thoughts, the Spirit is with us. (positive thoughts, clean thoughts, productive thoughts)
Positive thoughts are also huge, we don’t need to beat ourselves down or think negatively of others--

D&C 121:45-46 this shows us what we need to do and what the blessings are, FOREVER!!!
D&C 25:10 we must lay aside the things of the world, there is so much better waiting for us.

The best part of any Christ-like attribute is that we have the atonement to help us become more Christ-like. When we are unvirtuous in any way, we have the opportunity to repent and become better. Here is a quote, from President Miles himself. "Don’t allow small sins to go unrepented of, because they will grow and then it will be harder and you will be less likely to repent."

"It doesn`t do any good to bring yourself down, how you handle the bad things can make or break you. Remember the Lords hands are in this." Sis Miles

 I would like to conclude with a quote I read this morning by Uchtdorf  "Godly sorrow inspires change and hope through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Worldly Sorrow pulls us down, extinguishes hope and persuades us to give in to further temptation."

We can be virtuous in all we do. We can have help from our Father in heaven. We have hard times, but don’t let your thoughts get the best of you. It´s your vote that counts!!!

Have a great week,

Sister Regnier



No comments:

Post a Comment