Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter - Frohe Ostern!!!! (April 21)

Hallo! :)
The highlight of this week was being able to hear from Elder Evans. It was a real treat that only Munich zone got to taste. He said things that will change our lives. My favorite thing that he did was takes us through the Book of Mormon. We talked about how we should be having our investigators start at the beginning of the book of Mormon. Well its because we learn about everything in that first chapters from happy home to prophets and personal revelation. It was a big eye opener to me how important the Book of Mormon really is.

Another cool experience I had was to be able to see the Atonement really work in someone’s life. It was the coolest thing to see forgiveness and see an investigator see it is okay to move on and that just because one member of the church offended her, doesn't mean we're all that way.

This week one of the 2 young adults came with us and we visited many less active young adults to invite them to sportabend (sports night)! It was really fun to work with her as she is preparing to go on a mission herself. I think that anyone preparing to go on a mission should spend time with the missionaries, and when possible, do the mini missionary program.

This week I met an older member of the ward. She had my personality.... it was very interesting to see me in 40 years. She was so dang funny and I just got along with her great. We are meeting with her again and I hope that there will be a way to help her see that the church is great everywhere, not only in America. (I actually think church is better for the most part over here... :) )

This week we had a finding day in Kaufbeuren, we painted eggs to give to the ladies in the ward with no children. I just love doing service, we actually also got to help someone in our ward organize their home. When you are in the service of your fellow man, you ARE in the service of your God. I just think that that is exactly what Heavenly Father would do if he was serving right here beside me.

This week we spent some time up in Donauwörth. It was really cool because in a neighboring dorf (village) (where the biggest egg nest of the world is, see included picture), we met up with a member. We decided to go give a Book of Mormon to someone she had met. As we were driving we realized the weather was really nice (that means NO ONE IS HOME, ever) and so were worried we wouldn't find her home. As we were parking the car, the lady was walking along the river right in front of us. It was a really cool miracle. I was really happy that the member was there to witness it and see how Gods hand is really in this work. We then got to spend some time walking along the Donau. A year ago, I was moving into my apartment on the Donau, it brought me back.... funny how that happens. I feel like I was on the plane over here yesterday.

It was a great week and its time to get back to work!

I hope everyone had a great Easter! Easter is celebrated for 2 days here, so I can still say Frohe Ostern!!!! Also, I am OBSESSED with this video, but I actually like it in German better-- http://youtu.be/23ea191GH3A

Love ya!
Alles Liebe,

Sister Regnier



Largest Nest Egg in the World



No comments:

Post a Comment